Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Dubois

Options
  • 05-04-2017 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭

I'm reading a lot of hype about this guy lately due to who he has sparred with in the heavyweight division.
    He is signed to Frank Warren. He will be making his debut as a pro this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

I've heard a lot recently about this guy, so I'm very interested in seeing what the fuss is about. He's only 19, so has loads of time to improve. I'm sure we won't know for a few years whether he's a real prospect or not, but hopefully he'll liven things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

megadodge wrote: »
    I've heard a lot recently about this guy, so I'm very interested in seeing what the fuss is about. He's only 19, so has loads of time to improve. I'm sure we won't know for a few years whether he's a real prospect or not, but hopefully he'll liven things up a bit.

There are rumours that he knocked out Joshua in sparring. He was interviewed on Box Nation recently and was humble and tactful about what went on. Of course we can't read too much into what happens in sparring. I'm excited to see how good he actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

Well, that didn't tell us anything. Even for a debut the opponent was very poor.

megadodge wrote: »
    Well, that didn't tell us anything. Even for a debut the opponent was very poor.

He was a late replacement. We will have a fair idea of Dubois's ability within 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Danye

There are rumours that he knocked out Joshua in sparring. He was interviewed on Box Nation recently and was humble and tactful about what went on. Of course we can't read too much into what happens in sparring. I'm excited to see how good he actually is.

Anthony Fowler has said that the knockout didn't happen. Obviously, if it's suggested, and if I'm Frank Warren, I encourage this story to grow legs about his 19 year old HW prospect knocking Eddie Hearns golden hen HW champion out.

• Advertisement

Danye wrote: »
    Anthony Fowler has said that the knockout didn't happen. Obviously, if it's suggested, and if I'm Frank Warren, I encourage this story to grow legs about his 19 year old HW prospect knocking Eddie Hearns golden hen HW champion out.

That's definitely true about Warren.
    Perhaps he didn't knock him out then, but Joshua himself didn't deny he was hurt when asked for comment about the rumour. It must have been a good spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Danye

That's definitely true about Warren.
    Perhaps he didn't knock him out then, but Joshua himself didn't deny he was hurt when asked for comment about the rumour. It must have been a good spar.

No doubt it got heavy, but the knockout is exaggerated.

Advertisement