Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone receive SMS from the UK EE network, and which network are you with?

Options
  • 05-04-2017 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

It’s to help pinpoint a problem receiving texts sent by some people over there. They send ok according to their phones, but my husband & I don't receive them (though they receive our texts ok). We think our problem started between December 25th last (7.37pm) and Dec. 26th (6.46pm).

It might help my UK contacts get the message across to their Help people a little quicker (they’re very busy, and the more ammunition the better!).

Thank you in advance!

For anyone thinking of giving suggestions, a bit of background might save your time; the forum Mods at my network (Three) said it looked like a problem with the network, their tech people investigated it quite thoroughly, and they’ve concluded that the problem’s on the UK side. Mine only happens with texts over the EE network (as far as I know - I haven’t been accused of ignoring anyone yet!). I noticed someone else in the forum with exactly the same problem, and EE is involved there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Fogmatic wrote: »
    It’s to help pinpoint a problem receiving texts sent by some people over there. They send ok according to their phones, but my husband & I don't receive them (though they receive our texts ok). We think our problem started between December 25th last (7.37pm) and Dec. 26th (6.46pm).

It might help my UK contacts get the message across to their Help people a little quicker (they’re very busy, and the more ammunition the better!).

Thank you in advance!

For anyone thinking of giving suggestions, a bit of background might save your time; the forum Mods at my network (Three) said it looked like a problem with the network, their tech people investigated it quite thoroughly, and they’ve concluded that the problem’s on the UK side. Mine only happens with texts over the EE network (as far as I know - I haven’t been accused of ignoring anyone yet!). I noticed someone else in the forum with exactly the same problem, and EE is involved there too.

I'm having a similar problem.

My mother lives in the UK, and is on EE, she is receiving my texts but I'm not getting hers.

She has been in touch with EE, and they are saying the problem is with Three. She was in an EE shop the other day, they guy behind the counter, my Mums partner and my Mum all text me and I text them, they all got mine and I got none of theirs.

She is able to text my brothers OH who is on Vodafone. Are Three and EE not speaking to each other or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Fogmatic wrote: »

I am on Eir Mobile, and I can receive texts from a friend who is on EE in the UK. No issues.

It looks like this is just a problem for Three customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Yes, but I haven't had time to check out whether it's just Three (and I seem to have chosen rather a quiet forum!).

From a quick look I had at a UK-based EE forum, I think EE customers have problems sending texts to more than 1 non UK carrier.

I'm in London at the moment, and having no problem receiving the texts. (No change of settings apart from choosing the Three UK network). Curiouser and curiouser!

.....and curiouser!

Got back to Ireland last night, texted my London hosts from near Knock airport, and got a reply from one immediately! (He probably forgot not to bother). So high hopes. But I got them both to try this morning, and it was back to no dice again.

Maybe it's someone finally doing some tinkering? EE? Who knows?

This business is such a b****y b******y time sink (something we seniors could do without)!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cells register routes to where each number should be directed (simplification), its likely the return for your number was still cached when he replied.

I would guess that implies EE are missing the entry, not 3IE.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ed E - interesting.
    I was forgetting about how mobile cells work (despite having read a bit about it); I was confusing it with internet routes!

Things do seem to be pointing more & more to some glitch in EE's network.

Advertisement