Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing lumia 925

• 05-04-2017 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Getting my Lumia 925 replaced - not me replacing it so looking for some advice on some similar spec and value phones. what would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you staying within windows OS?

Have you looked at anything so far, and said yes or no to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Davy wrote: »
    Are you staying within windows OS?

Is there actually anything available at the moment ? Or is that the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is there actually anything available at the moment ? Or is that the end of it.

You can get newer than a 925 and stay Lumia/windows but none will be current. Depends if you want the same OS and how much you want to spend.

Lumia 650 - year old but cheap
    Lumia 950 - 2 year old but better spec than 925
    HP elite X3 - Highest spec - but costly. Same money will have more options on another OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Davy wrote: »
    You can get newer than a 925 and stay Lumia/windows but none will be current. Depends if you want the same OS and how much you want to spend.

Lumia 650 - year old but cheap
    Lumia 950 - 2 year old but better spec than 925
    HP elite X3 - Highest spec - but costly. Same money will have more options on another OS

Are any really still available though. The Irish carriers dont seem to offer any. Microsoft Ireland doesnt have them on their site. I dont think they are being manufactured anymore, so end of stock on the likes of ebay really where it is at now. There doesnt seem to be any live stream of new Windows phones really. Blackberry is becoming more common that it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

950 can still be found on Amazon, when I moved on from my 930 (still a decent phone by the way) I went back to Android and got a Samsung Galaxy S7, the reasons?
    Good camera, wireless charging and glance screen (something I missed on the 930) apart from a few things I would say it’s an excellent phone though I will be keeping an eye out for the new Nokia 9 later in the year.
    It all depends on budget, preferred OS and what your must have features are but pretty much anything out there now is an upgrade on your old 925.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Thanks guys for all your advice. decided to move away from Windows and asked for a Huawei P9 lite - it would cost the same as if they were to replace the 925 again - which can only be bought online

Advertisement