Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books which help children to deal with the death of loved one.

Options
  • 04-04-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend a book that I could read to help my ten year old daughter deal with the death of a family member. Ideally, I'd also like to purchase a separate book that she could read herself.

My daughter loves to write so I've given her a new journal so she can write down her memories, feelings and draw pictures etc. She has a worry eater, I've been encouraging her to use it anytime she has a fear/worry but doesn't feel up to talking. (I'm checking it regularly and when she is ready we talk things out). I'm sort of at a loss to know what else I can do to ease her grief apart from being there to talk/listen to her.

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement