Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato/Boxer/Relay ???

Options
  • 04-04-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Is it just me that's finding it impossible to locate a Clean above van for a conversion,one that hasn't been banged up on every panel and that doesn't have a million km on it..
    I don't think I'm being unrealistic with a Budget of 5000/6000G for a 07/08/09 van...(or am I ??)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

elaverty wrote: »
    Is it just me that's finding it impossible to locate a Clean above van for a conversion,one that hasn't been banged up on every panel and that doesn't have a million km on it..
    I don't think I'm being unrealistic with a Budget of 5000/6000G for a 07/08/09 van...(or am I ??)

What do you consider too many miles. 20k miles per year would be about average for a van so I'd be expecting most in the region of 140-160k miles 230-260km. If it was half that I would assume its clocked unless it was mint, one owner or there was a legitimate reason for the low mileage.

Theres an aussie guy on the fiat forum did 770k on his first engine and that was a lot of dirt road driving, outback diesel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How about this one?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/fiat-ducato-lwb-taxed-until-august-mint-2012/15146271
    As a camper you won't be doing that many miles so I'd be happier to buy one that has a few miles on it for the right price than hang out for a low miler that may have done a lot of small trips and be clogged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

I wouldn't mind a van with 320000km on it if it was my own and I knew it had been well maintained, No service history mentioned here so would assume there's none..

IF It WILL pass the test next month,why not test it early and double his chances of selling it.

No pictures of inside/cab so again will assume it's rough.

Would think bad of buying a van with that much sign writing on it as you can never remove All traces of it.

I could spend all day every day driving the country looking at vans if I just was guided by what the seller says..
    And haven't looked at bodywork closely yet as am only on my phone and not great for zooming in..

The only thing with this van that would sure me is the price..

I hear you, I went to look at an Avensis that was described as as new, I got there and it had been resprayed on one wheel arch, rear lights filled with water... Far from as new.
    I guess just keep your eye out for one. Is there any particular variant you want? L4H2, LXH3

I don't know why sellers just can't tell you the truth before you go and view..its not as if your going to buy it just because you went to see it if its not what you want..
    Just want a L3H2...
    Would consider a Sprinter at a push..but getting one of them that's not rotted to bits is another thing..

• Advertisement

elaverty wrote: »
    I don't know why sellers just can't tell you the truth before you go and view..its not as if your going to buy it just because you went to see it if its not what you want..
    Just want a L3H2...
    Would consider a Sprinter at a push..but getting one of them that's not rotted to bits is another thing..

Have you considered the Renault Master as well, easy on juice and square in shape.
    Newer ones >10 seem ok, no bad faults and I know a lot of people driving them all day every day.

I have indeed..I bought a new NV400 IN 152 for work and am happy enough with it..

Would buy the right one for conversion if came up..

Advertisement