Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman :Arkham Insurgency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Recently finished Arkham Knight, enjoyed the main game but the DLC was poor - if it's from that studio I'd manage my expectations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

steve_r wrote: »
    Recently finished Arkham Knight, enjoyed the main game but the DLC was poor - if it's from that studio I'd manage my expectations....

Didn't bother with DLC, if a GOTY edition came out I'd probably buy it as that's how I got the DLC on the previous Arkhams. I know what you mean regarding WBM. I bought a 360 last month just to play origins and couldn't believe it was an Arkham game. Glad the console and game only cost me €50 or I'd have been pissed. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes though.

I'm replaying Arkham Knight NG+ and remembering why I love it so much. Even the Batmobile sections people rage about are decent IMO. And I actually enjoy the Riddler collectables.

Here's hoping this will be decent (if there is indeed truth to it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I really enjoyed Arkham Origins, actually probably more than City but it could have just been the low expectations I had going into the game. I didn't buy when it came out initially so by the time I got around to playing the game, it wasn't the buggy mess everyone was complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I remember the 'disgrunteld WB employee' posting this info on reddit last month. Everything in the spoiler below is from his leak. Could be real, could be BS. Spoilering it in case it turns out to be true. I removed details about end game. If true, I really like the sound of it, batmobile without the battlemode, 100 riddler trophies more fucused on puzzle rooms and trophies themselves being actually hard to find as they wanted to get away from the collectathon riddler stuff, focus on 1-1 combat expanding just from hit/counter buttons.

Long story short: WB Montreal employee, well, soon-to-be-former-WB-employee. I was part of the team that worked on the failed Suicide Squad game before that got canned, then me and several others got moved to another team developing a new Batman: Arkham game instead. Since I’m probably not going to stay at WB for much longer, and since you guys are going to get the whole news on 8 March anyway, I figured I might as well leak it ahead of time so you guys have got something to look forward to.

1) The game is called Batman: Arkham Insurgency and it takes place about 3 years after the events of Arkham Origins. It’s built on the same engine as Arkham Knight was and has been in development since around 2014.

2) The game will feature Batman and Dick Grayson as Robin as the main playable characters. Grayson has been Robin for about two years at this point.

2) It’s set in a previously unexplored, coastal area of Gotham that is roughly the same size as the three islands from Arkham Knight on the outside, although the interiors have been substantially expanded so you will be able to get inside most of the buildings now. The Batcave and Wayne Manor are also accessible via fast travel.

3) The plot is that there has been a mass breakout at Blackgate and Arkham Asylum, and several terrorist attacks across the city, which results in the GCPD blocking off a segment of Gotham where they have completely lost control. This is the main playable area and while it’s mostly populated by villains and criminals, there’s a whole heap of trapped civilians that Batman and Robin will need to rescue.

4) The Batmobile is in the game, but it’s been changed. There’s no more battle mode but the controls have been modified to compensate. The combat mostly consists of chase sequences and using the Batmobile’s superior speed and maneuverability to navigate around slower opponents while bombing the hell out of them with the car’s weaponry. The missiles, power winch and the EMP device remain, along with some new stuff.

5) Dual play mode is also present, but it’s been changed. The dual takedown has been removed but there’s a whole bunch of new special moves and combos in its place. There’s an entire new skill tree devoted to the mechanic.

6) Combat has been expanded to better accommodate 1-on-1 fights. It’s still rhythm based where you have to time all the correct button presses exactly, but it’s more complicated than the attack/counter basis of the previous games.

7)

8) Other villains in the game are Maxie Zeus, Dollmaker, Killer Moth, Anarky, Two-Face, Blockbuster, Ventriloquist, Cornelius Stirk, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Dusan al Ghul, Mad Monk, Dala, Riddler and yes, Joker. Joker figures somewhat prominently in the story (it’s revealed that he helped orchestrate the Arkham Asylum breakout), but he’s not the main villain but more of a major supporting character who mostly works for himself, but will sometimes help Batman and Robin if it benefits him.

9) Alfred and Lucius Fox are your main contacts in the game. Barbara Gordon helps you out on a few side missions and has a slight crush on Dick Grayson, which he doesn’t reciprocate.

10) Unlike Arkham Knight, there will actually be boss battles this time.

11) The estimated release date is around November of this year, but it’s possible that it could be pushed back seeing as the game was meant to be revealed towards the end of last year but was delayed.

I think it sounds really cool but given it's now the 04th April and there hasn't been an announcement I suspect I'm going to be disappointed. I wish I hadn't read that f*n article now as the more research the more unlikely this seem. Surely if there were truth to it somebody would have known about before me,
    Man I'm pissed off now! :mad:
    https://twitter.com/IGNFRA/status/826443083600498689

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Based on what's been written, and the spoiler stuff, it sounds like it won't really be that much different to AK.

I've heard a few good things about Origins, the Deathstroke boss battle looks cool.

I got my AK dlc free with the version I bought, can't believe they charged for it as some of the stuff is effectivly just a 20 min battle map.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

...the fact it's WB Montreal's baby again rather than Rocksteady's this has me slightly nervous...

Aaaaaand I'm out. No Steam Refund for me on Arkham Knight cause I bought it from a (legit) reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Doctor Nick, those teasers for the 8th of March were for the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War reveal.

Doctor Nick, those teasers for the 8th of March were for the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War reveal.

Balls. Thanks for the heads up.

Right so, given I'm Pissed off this appears to be rubbish I want to go back to the beginning and get Asylum and City. Do I do cheap and get 360 versions or go dear and get the remasters?Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Played AK from steam family share and I can safely say I'm done with the series. These Arkham games never had much going for them in the first place. I think I loved Asylum so much because it was the only batman game that felt like I was playing as batman in the universe he's set in and not just a model that looked like him.

Played AK from steam family share and I can safely say I'm done with the series. These Arkham games never had much going for them in the first place. I think I loved Asylum so much because it was the only batman game that felt like I was playing as batman in the universe he's set in and not just a model that looked like him.

Hmm. I honestly love them. They are definitely my top rated games (apart from origins). Each to their own and all that but I'd love more of the same. Maybe a different nemesis than The Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The PC port of Arkham Knight was such a continuous shambles they surely won't port it if it uses the same engine. I liked Origins even if the bugs sucked, good to great boss fights & I liked the batcave use. Knight though....was just disappointing. Never enjoyed the batmobile in tank mode & the side missions were just lazy. Looked amazing on console mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was late to the Arkham Knight game, so by the time i got it on PC it played fine. I really enjoyed it, even though the ending was known well before the reveal. It wasn't as good as Arkham Asylum or City, but as good as Origins. Either way, I look forward to another one if it's made, i thoroughly enjoyed them. As someone else rightly pointed out, they were the first games that you actually felt like you were Batman.

Advertisement