Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPTOH-0603 (HP Plasma TV) not showing picture

Options
  • 04-04-2017 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

So, moved into a new place. Found a large Plasma TV in the attic, but the screen doesn't come on. It makes a buzzing sound, which I've found to be normal, albeit annoying.

Would like to fix it if possible, but there is damage to the TV (cracked glass). Said cracked glass is on the TV screen, inside the protective screen.

Back plate;
    413727.jpg

TV inside the screen;
    413728.jpg

TV cracked;
    413729.jpg

TV back, switched on
    413730.jpg

So, can it be fixed cheapish? Would make for a nice TV. Not really bothered by the cracked part, providing it doesn't skew the image too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No-one got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

It doesnt show a picture because the plasma panel itself is smashed.
    You would need to replace the actual Plasma panel with the same part number.
    The big issues with that are

1: Plasma panels are not made anymore by anyone, its a dead technology.
    2: That part number will be very hard to find in the second hand market.
    3: Even if you do find one, the cost is going to be a large percentage of or more than the price of a new TV.

Its not viable to fix it.
    Best thing to do is to take it to a recycle center.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

andy1249 wrote: »
    Its not viable to fix it.
    Best thing to do is to take it to a recycle center.
    Yeah, I was thinking that. I think it probably just fell over (it's damn heavy). Well, back into the chubby hole that it came from; too much effort trying to lug it anywhere for now!

Advertisement