Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv link person

Options
  • 04-04-2017 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I am watching ch4 and the link person has a speech impediment. I am all for equal opportunity but this is going a bit too far.
    Has anyone else heard it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

annascott wrote: »
    I am watching ch4 and the link person has a speech impediment. I am all for equal opportunity but this is going a bit too far.

What speech impediment exactly?

Can you understand them?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Can we put disables under blankets or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Why is it going too far? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Esel wrote: »
    What speech impediment exactly?

Can you understand them?

A lisp ? That would be ok... A cute female voice with a slight lisp is quite alluring....

A stammer.... "Talladega Nights, The ballad of Ricky Bobby"...The movie would be half over by the time she got the title out

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They had a thing last year where they had people with various disabilities doing the continuity announcements. Part of their new thing they're doing now where they're being as diverse and inclusive as they can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

There's a black girl with tourettes who does continuity on Ch4 sometimes. Wonder if that's who OP's on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yamanoto wrote: »
    There's a black girl with tourettes that does continuity on Ch4 sometimes. Wonder if that's who OP's on about?

"Fck..Dick...****...And now, 'The Teletubbies"....bellend...bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

annascott wrote: »

Think that's bad? They have a deaf girl doing hand signing on RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The biscuit hedgehog lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Because it's Adam Pearson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Pearson_(actor)

Show some respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Yes, that sounds like him. There are many roles the actor could do successfully. Being a voice link person is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Erik Shin wrote:
    A stammer.... "Talladega Nights, The ballad of Ricky Bobby"...The movie would be half over by the time she got the title out

:D:D:D

Advertisement