Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDBD secure or not

Options
  • 03-04-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

See a great deal on an iPhone 5s on this website NDBD. Anyone bought from them or know if they are legit? The website is ie.nd-bd.com

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Never heard of them and site looks dodgy. Even if they are legit, they are selling from Asia. So no Apple warranty, no consumer protection, and possibility of getting stuck with customs duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paanda

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
    They are a drop ship company ( middle men)
    They carry no stock to sell
    They buy from Hong Kong when you order
    You can get cheaper if you want to buy from Hong Kong yourself
    Their customer service is the worst I have ever come across
    you WILL NOT get your items within the 6-8 days like they promise
    They have no Idea about running a business

See what Trustpilot has to say about them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dowmark

Absolute horrendous company to deal with, returned a phone to their "return team" in the UK on the 31st May who have to send it back to a warehouse in Hong Kong - - still no refund and no contact since the 8th June. Phone number is in England - - I was told that the guys in NDBD_IE "still don't have a phone line" , pretty ironic don't you think. Here is a company that prides itself on "the one for smart gadgets" and they don't have a phone line. The number is also used by ONEdigitals UK who only deal with UK market and can't access my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

I take it there is very little I can do at this stage. Hard to understand that they can openly show the trust guard and shopper approved icon on their webpage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Because they are scammers.

Contact your bank and start a chargeback ASAP. It depends on the bank, but I think you usually have 60-100 days to do it.

thanks, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireA1983

dowmark wrote: »
    thanks, appreciate it.

Hi was just wondering did you ever get sorted? I stupidly bought a 6s off that website yesterday and they took the money from my account then sent me an email to say the order was cancelled! They are not answering any of my emails now

Not the way I wanted.. constantly emailing them for weeks and on occasion would get a reply along the lines " looking into it". They then stated that the phone was damaged when they eventually acknowledged that they received it. They took notice when I stated I would contact the Hong Kong Consumer Council, then a lot of activity. I had looked for a refund and they finally confirmed on the 28th September the following:

We have confirmed the refurbishing costs of the device you have returned and the deductable amount from your refund would be 48.00EUR

I at this stage just wanted the refund and felt it was better than nothing. However the following day I got a generated email giving me shipment details for the phone... I sent several emails stating I didn't want the phone, no reply and the phone arrived back on the 10th October. Guess what, didn't work, same problems. Have since purchased a phone from click.ie

Perhaps you can contact the bank and get them to recall it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireA1983

Thank you! Got onto my bank this morning and reported them I have to wait 6/8 days to see if the money is returned into my account of not they will recall it for me.. Lesson learnt from online shopping!

• Advertisement

No problem, glad to hear the bank will recall it. If I had looked to find out more about the company , would have been enough red flags & had I noticed they were shipping from Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

Stay away from this company folks. I had a fraudulent purchase on my CC and have been trying for over a week via email, Facebook DM and telephone but no one cares to return my call.

Remember Christmas Direct and how they scammed people out of money? It seems this is yet another.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭good_afternoon

Hi, how did the phone you got from click work out? thinking of buying. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭good_afternoon

dowmark wrote: »
    Not the way I wanted.. constantly emailing them for weeks and on occasion would get a reply along the lines " looking into it". They then stated that the phone was damaged when they eventually acknowledged that they received it. They took notice when I stated I would contact the Hong Kong Consumer Council, then a lot of activity. I had looked for a refund and they finally confirmed on the 28th September the following:

We have confirmed the refurbishing costs of the device you have returned and the deductable amount from your refund would be 48.00EUR

I at this stage just wanted the refund and felt it was better than nothing. However the following day I got a generated email giving me shipment details for the phone... I sent several emails stating I didn't want the phone, no reply and the phone arrived back on the 10th October. Guess what, didn't work, same problems. Have since purchased a phone from click.ie

Perhaps you can contact the bank and get them to recall it?.

Hi, how did the phone you got from click work out? thinking of buying. thanks

No problem at all , phone like new.

Advertisement