Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trace birth mother and other relatives - Foxford, Co.Mayo & St. Patricks Guild 1948

Options
  • 03-04-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hello everyone,[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]I would like to support my father in his roots' search by retrieving more information about his birth mother and other relatives.

My father, Joseph Hughes was born in the Holles Street Hospital in Dublin on 6th September 1948.

His birth mother is called Hanora(h) Hughes (also known as Hanna/Nora(h)). Even though I do not have her birthplace or birthdate, I do know she was living at Mainstreet, Foxford – Co.Mayo (Ireland) at the time of birth. The Surrender Form of St. Patricks Guild was signed on 17th September 1948. [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]My father has already submitted his search through the official associations like the Adoption Authority of Ireland and Tusla, however up until now without any result... [/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]I hope someone can help retrieving more insights and information about my father's birth mother and any relatives? Thank you in advance for your help.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Best of luck to your father in his search. I live nearby and while I dont know of anyone by that name there are a couple of Hughes named businesses in the area that might be worth looking into.

Hughes Bar & Lounge, Foxford Rd, Ballina

Hughes Electrical, Coolgrange, Foxford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maumon

Thank you toadfly for these recommendations! Will contact them immediately.:)

Advertisement