Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hottest Cusine

Options
  • 03-04-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Which country's cuisne is the hottest?

Thailand, India, Mexico.... or anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What's a countrie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

murpho999 wrote: »
    What's a countrie?

Grammar nazi having a slow day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Grammar nazi having a slow day?

Grammar's fine; spellings are lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Having been to Thailand and neither of the others I'd say not Thailand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

There is Paahl curry that's supposed to be the hottest. I think it's Indian but not a traditional one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's probably the English with their take on Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They all have there hot dishes as such ive had some incredibly hot Indian food over the years so for me personally id go with India.

I know one the chefs in work his wife is from Thailand and i remember him mentioning eating things over there that basically would **** you up!

We also have a chef from Mexico who isn't afraid of the auld chillis but i think Mexican food is more about flavors then spice as such.

The western world has changed up a lot of what these cuisines are actually like compared to what the people would eat in there own country's them selves.

Indian food being the perfect example of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_chili

A restaurant in Grantham called Bindi served a curry, called "The Widower", made with 20 infinity chilies and claimed to be the worlds hottest curry; after more than three hundred people had tried it, the first person to finish a dish of the curry was Dr. Ian Rothwell, who took just over an hour to finish the dish, including 10 minutes spent hallucinating due to the endorphin rush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

For actual food, I'd say south west India.

For ridiculous feats of manliness I'd say curry houses in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A restaurant in Grantham called Bindi served a curry, called "The Widower", made with 20 infinity chilies and claimed to be the worlds hottest curry; after more than three hundred people had tried it, the first person to finish a dish of the curry was Dr. Ian Rothwell, who took just over an hour to finish the dish, including 10 minutes spent hallucinating due to the endorphin rush

The restaurant sells a version of that themselves online i remember buying it.
    Was hot alright but ive had ''worse'' not exactly fun either way ha!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

The chefs wear goggles and a protective face masks whilst preparing it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The worlds hottest chilli is the Carolina Reaper, first bred in Carolina, US, so perhaps that is where you'll find the hottest cuisine.

I've tried phaal a few times because a) I'm stupid, b)I wanted to know what it tasted like and c) I'm stupid and drunk.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Thread makes me hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,091 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Advertisement