Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving post in the middle of maternity (primary)

Options
  • 03-04-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have just been offered a maternity position, commencing after Easter and lasting until October mid-term. However, as this only gives 47 days before Summer, and 48 days after, I will not be able to get half of my probation (dip) done on either side.

I'm wondering, if I was to accept, would I be able to keep applying for positions in other schools during the summer, or would I be required to stay in the school until the October mid-term. Also, if I had to stay in the school, would people advise me taking it, in the hopes something else may arise, or to turn it down and keep looking?

All advice is appreciated! Also, I forgot to mention, this job isn't local, so would require moving across the country to accept.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I would take it. There's a shortage of subs this year due to the longer B.Ed but next September there will be lots of people looking for work again, so most principals would not mind if you got a "better offer."

Advertisement