Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows explorer not responding

Options
  • 03-04-2017 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭

Ive an ASUS laptop 4 to 5 years old. Recently I started getting this windows explorer not responding message, firstly happening if I had a whole pile of stuff running together on the machine and now its barely booting up at all.
    Its running windows 7.
    Any ideas as to the common causes of this issue.

I dont have any backup discs or anything.

Ive booted now in safe mode and its flying.

I have been thinking of getting a new machine - I could do with getting my data from this one.
    What is the best and most reliable way to store this data into the future. I previously bought an external hard drive to back up everything and when I returned to it 1 month later, it was dead so that wasnt a great plan.

Edit- Deleted an updated Acad package and all appears to be well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A CAD package?

For people in similar situation, follow Mick's approach and try in Safe Mode.
    You can also install and use CCleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Autocad drawing package.

Advertisement