Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo J1 to Portland

Options
  • 02-04-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I'm biting the bullet this summer and doing a solo J1 for the first time (leaving it a bit late at 25 but sure look!). I'm a bit nervous but very excited too :) I'll be living in Portland, Oregon. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice for a lone J1'er? I have my job sorted but I'm finding a bit difficult to get accommodation sorted as a solo traveler. If you've any advice about Portland in particular that would be a bonus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Congrats on finding a job and fair play for going solo.

I'm sure if you reach out to the HR department of your host company they could give you some hints for new hires etc.

If you have to...use air bnb untill you can get a lease somewhere. Some airBnb places offer up to 50% discount on month long stays.

Best of luck. Come back and post when you get there safe!

Advertisement