Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 'Please help me identify this' thread

Options
  • 01-04-2017 8:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I found this on my floor yesterday morning. I looked on the web, and the closest thing I could find to it was a Palpatores of some sort, but this seems to have a more 'pointy' abdomen. Would anyone be able to tell me what it could be, please?

413278.jpg

413279.jpg

If it's of any help, at first I thought the two front 'things' could be antennae, but looking at it closely it does seem it's using them to walk on, and they seem to have joints of some sort. If it was some sort of spider, it was a very odd one, 'cause it appeared to have a rigid 'plaque' on its back, rather than a 'soft' abdomen. It was quite flat-looking too.

Thanks in advance.

(I posted this already in Nature and Bird Watching but someone there suggested I might have more luck here - hope it's ok, Mods.:))

Comments

Advertisement