Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Sun - Polish Based Charter Airline (2018)

Options
  • 31-03-2017 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭

https://careers.ryanair.com/ryanair-sun/
    Ryanair Sun, a standalone business unit, is starting a new Polish charter airline for summer 2018.
    To plan this launch we are seeking senior management to set up and grow this operation. Headquartered in Warsaw with an initial fleet of 5 Boeing 737-800 Aircraft, Ryanair Sun will deliver a best in class charter services, at the lowest cost to Polish tour operators, and offer great value for customers flying to Poland’s favourite holiday destinations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I'll come back on Sunday and see if it is still on Ryanair's website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Thank you for the timely reminder to stay off the Internet today...

That said, this was posted yesterday. Perhaps it's actually real?

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ryanair-announces-plan-to-establish-polish-charter-a-435773/

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Looks legit. It was always a question what they were going to do with all these new planes. Does this smack of desperation or is it a good move?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Looks legit. It was always a question what they were going to do with all these new planes. Does this smack of desperation or is it a good move?

What date is today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    What date is today?

The releases were yesterday though. And its not exactly an April fools type release.

If it was they would have said something funny like they are doing pay by passenger weight etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

FR already run "Ryanair Labs" out of Wroclaw in Poland, could be legit but could be a 1st April thing too!! Poland is a huge market for them, and a huge market in general, with a growing economy and wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

What date is today?

Do you think that would be a funny joke to get people excited about lots of new jobs? Not even Ryanair would go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Poland is two hours ahead of us.:eek:

Do you think that would be a funny joke to get people excited about lots of new jobs? Not even Ryanair would go there.

True - seems a very strange move away from their core though.

roundymac wrote: »
    Poland is two hours ahead of us.:eek:

It's 1 hour ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It's not exactly Ryanair style April fools joke.

ON a side note the polish charter market is big.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It's not exactly Ryanair style April fools joke.

ON a side note the polish charter market is big.

Yep, it sure is, and if Warsaw is a success (I think it will be) I can see it spreading to Wroclaw (where they have a base) and/or Krakow/Katowice, Poznan and Gdansk.

Yep, it sure is, and if Warsaw is a success (I think it will be) I can see it spreading to Wroclaw (where they have a base) and/or Krakow/Katowice, Poznan and Gdansk.

But why a seperate company? Why not schedule flights with block bookings for the tour operators?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

But why a seperate company? Why not schedule flights with block bookings for the tour operators?

Limiting risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Polish AOC. Lower costs and in time lower ts and cs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

5 aircraft in 2018
    15 aircraft in 2019

Advertisement