Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link Problem

Options
  • 31-03-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi i have the 3420 model & it shows up twice in wifi as e34 & e34 1 .I named the wifi E34 is it showing the dongle as E34 1 & if so how do i fix it it make it work as one .

5JG3CBH.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Does the dongle provide its own Wi-Fi connection? If it does, I suggest logging into the dongle's web interface and turn off its Wi-Fi feature.

If you are operating a Wi-Fi extension unit (e.g. Wi-Fi range extender or HomePlug Wi-Fi) with the same Wi-Fi SSID name, your computer's Wi-Fi software might be showing the two separately based on that sub-menu showing the 'E34 1'. In this case, try viewing the Wi-Fi network list on something else. For example, if your phone only shows the one E34 network, then your PC's Wi-Fi software is showing the variations.

With a previous laptop I had, it had a Wi-Fi utility that did something similar. For example, at the airport it showed a lengthy list of all the access points it picked up with the same names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

On windows & linux pc it is showing E34 1 WIFI but on andriod phone it only shows one E34.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

If i turn off DHCP Server on E3372 Dongle would this solve problem.
    kwNm1rv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

The DHCP has no effect on the Wi-Fi names. Leave DHCP enabled, otherwise you will need to manually configure the network settings for the dongle in your router.

I have the E3372 - It does not have Wi-Fi built-in, so at least it is not the dongle providing the extra Wi-FI network. For example, the Huawei E8278 has a built-in Wi-Fi access point, i.e. functions like a MiFI, but depends on USB for power as it doesn't have a battery.

Have a check through the TP-Link menus in case it has a second SSID enabled. Some routers allow multiple SSIDs to set up, e.g. one with full Internet access and a second one for kids that turns off at certain hours. I don't have the TP-Link 3420, so am not sure if it does something similar.

The only other thing I can think of that could be doing this would be a screen mirroring device. For example, the EZCast acts like a Wi-Fi range extender to maximise the bandwidth between the phone and the TV dongle. This results in another access point on the network similar to using a Wi-Fi range extender.

Advertisement