Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD's in Europe

Options
  • 31-03-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

My wife and I are interested in doing PhDs outside of Ireland, but within the EU, preferably in Germany or in a Nordic country. I have been searching for structured and research places, but I'm not sure what they are looking for in terms of Masters Degrees. Years ago in 2010 when I did my taught masters and first looked into doing a PhD abroad the websites I found specifically said that only research Masters were accepted (which was very disheartening as I got a 1st in my taught Masters). However now when I'm looking they only ever mention Masters and don't specify taught or research. Of course there are far more structured PhDs now as well and I'm mostly looking at those for the moment.

Could anyone familiar with these countries tell me does it matter which type of Masters we have?
    My wife is planning to do a Masters here in Ireland before we move and is trying to decide between research and taught.

Advertisement