Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new laptop?

Options
  • 31-03-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi everyone!

My old laptop is just about to pack in and I need a new one, just not sure what to get!
    I don't have that much to spend, €350-400 region, but it doesn't need to be anything super fancy either, all I'll be using it for is internet & Netflix, study and a bit of work... I use Word & Excel a fair bit. I don't care if it's a bit big and awkward, I won't be carrying it around much, but I'd need it to have a decent keyboard with the numbers section on it, must have HDMI port and CD/DVD reader/writer. At least 4GB RAM and 1 TB storage would be nice.

I've been looking on Argos (sad I know, but...!) and the Acer Aspire ES 15.6 Inch Celeron 8GB 1TB looks nice enough, anyone got anything good/bad to say about it? Or can recommend something else or somewhere else to look?

Thanks a million!
    P :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd skip that Acer, I reckon it's poor enough.

This is slightly over budget, but it is a good machine. Core i3 processors, 1TB disk and 8GB of RAM for €449:

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3567-laptop/pd?oc=cn35602

(This link may not work, but just go to dell.ie and look for the Inspiron 15 3000 for €449.)

It seems to tick all the boxes, even has a num pad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Pippa!

Mm, that does look kinda nice, thanks for that Alanstrainor :-) Little bit over budget as I'd probably have to get MS Office etc but I suppose it might be worth it in the long run.

Advertisement