Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Oral

Options
  • 30-03-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My Japanese oral is next week and I feel pretty underprepared for it! I really want to do well in Japanese, especially since Im taking it as an extra subject. I do the subject in school but I feel like our teacher has crammed the oral aspect with us, so Im freaking out quite a bit. I do have notes on the pictures and speeches, and I will learn those off. But does anybody (especially those who have gotten A1s) have any tips on how to do really well? Thank you so much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 daveintokyo

My Japanese oral is next week and I feel pretty underprepared for it! I really want to do well in Japanese, especially since Im taking it as an extra subject. I do the subject in school but I feel like our teacher has crammed the oral aspect with us, so Im freaking out quite a bit. I do have notes on the pictures and speeches, and I will learn those off. But does anybody (especially those who have gotten A1s) have any tips on how to do really well? Thank you so much!
    OP, will you have the opportunity to do a full practice run-through with a Japanese speaker (maybe your teacher or a transfer student) before the test date? If not, I'd be happy to help. I've lived in Tokyo for 7 years and speak the language to N2 level, and I've helped a few mates back home with exam prep before. From what I recall from a few years back the Japanese oral is 5 mins general conversation, 5 mins random topic from a card, 5 mins picture talk - is that still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 quarterluffy

OP, will you have the opportunity to do a full practice run-through with a Japanese speaker (maybe your teacher or a transfer student) before the test date? If not, I'd be happy to help. I've lived in Tokyo for 7 years and speak the language to N2 level, and I've helped a few mates back home with exam prep before. From what I recall from a few years back the Japanese oral is 5 mins general conversation, 5 mins random topic from a card, 5 mins picture talk - is that still the case?

Hi! I was able to get somebody to give me a mock oral. But thank you so much for the offer!

Advertisement