Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen Not Included

Options
  • 30-03-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been playing this little gem? It's from the makers of don't starve. Still in the alpha stages but is certainly worth a look.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just started to watch quill18's Let's Play of it to see what it's all about.

The entire playlist is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I watched a bit of it and I think I would like it. I will have a go at it when I get off drug naned factorio. I am already 117h in to it and I cant get enough of it. So early access of this can get more mature before I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I watched a bit of it and I think I would like it. I will have a go at it when I get off drug naned factorio. I am already 117h in to it and I cant get enough of it. So early access of this can get more mature before I pick it up.

What's factorio about?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What's factorio about?

Its like this:

I have thread here about it, but its pretty much my own blog lol. Its a game, which is hugly addictive as drugs and picks your brain apart in constant fashion.
    Tl:dr version of it: game wants you to be as lazy as possible, so you make factory.
    In minecraft: you mine yourself iron ore, then put it in furnace, then take it out and make sword yourself.
    In factorio: you place drills to mine you iron ore and somewhere else you find coal patch. You place drills there too. Then you make furnaces. Bring coal and iron with conveyor belts to furnaces. Place inserter hands so they can feed furnaces. Then you make output from furnace on conveyor belt and youiron bars go on their way to assembler, which makes clips of ammo out of 2 bars of iron. So while this setup is making you ammo, you go and try to make mashine that makes you turrets, but you need copper bars and gears for it. And then after 20h you even forgot why you needed ammo in the first place. :D

I know I hijacking this thread, but I factorio is awesome and it one of the best early acces games out there. I would recomend playing that for managemnt game type game, while maturity of this game evolves. Never buy aearly acess when it just launched as you have no idea how devs will support it, no matter who they are.
    Factorio has demo and I highly recomend to try it. Its ones of those games where you just need to play it yourself instead of just checking a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

What's factorio about?

Buses, and not the ones that went on strike on friday either :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement