Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weightlifting shoes

Options
  • 30-03-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me of shop in Dublin that sells weightlifting shoes? I've been in and out of the basic sports shops with no luck.
    I know i can get them online but i'd like to try them on for size and get an idea of which i'd like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,568 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me of shop in Dublin that sells weightlifting shoes? I've been in and out of the basic sports shops with no luck.
    I know i can get them online but i'd like to try them on for size and get an idea of which i'd like.

D8 Fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

D8 Fitness on Cork Street for Adidas.

Mullen Sports on Capel Street have the Nike Romaleos 2 although they are a bit pricier than you would find them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

D8 fitness are great
    I started buying bells off them and I got discounts I didn't even ask for
    Totally looking at the long game business.

Tigger wrote: »
    D8 fitness are great
    I started buying bells off them and I got discounts I didn't even ask for
    Totally looking at the long game business.

It's a terrible place to go into.

There's always something you didn't intend to buy that you leave with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Just to confirm I bought them in D8 fitness, not sure if any of above posters work for D8 fitness:) but the availability in Dublin is poor so good to get somewhere where I could try them on for proper size.

• Advertisement

I don't work for D8 Fitness but very few bricks and mortar shops where you can buy shoes.

I had tried on a pair of lifting shoes and knew they were a bit smaller than what I'd wear knocking around but if i didn't know, I'd definitely want to try a pair on before buying.

It was very good, great that I could get the half size. Got 11.5 but if I ordered on internet would probably have got 12 and not been getting full benefit.

I always have done low bar squats because of poor mobility but last night switched to highbar and it was great, shoes allowed me to go way below parallel.

It was very good, great that I could get the half size. Got 11.5 but if I ordered on internet would probably have got 12 and not been getting full benefit.

I always have done low bar squats because of poor mobility but last night switched to highbar and it was great, shoes allowed me to go way below parallel.

what shoes did you go for?

what shoes did you go for?

ADIDAS ADIPOWER WEIGHTLIFTING SHOES

m25733-h.jpg

ADIDAS ADIPOWER WEIGHTLIFTING SHOES

Obviously very exciting ;)

• Advertisement

Obviously very exciting ;)

Ya first time putting an image up, it got away from me a little:D

on the shoes they feel good but its first time i've worn weightlifting shoes so I can't compare them to any other types only that they are better than bare foot and flat converse type shoes I was using.

Ya first time putting an image up, it got away from me a little:D

on the shoes they feel good but its first time i've worn weightlifting shoes so I can't compare them to any other types only that they are better than bare foot and flat converse type shoes I was using.

They're worth it if only for the extra stability underfoot.

Advertisement