Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring small shareholdings from Goodbody custody ac to DeGiro

Options
  • 30-03-2017 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭

I have some small shareholdings in a Goodbody custody account.

AIB - worth very little, maybe 50-100 euro
    PTSB - same, worth maybe 25-50 euro

Two other shares with more substantial values, maybe 5k euro in total.

The annual fee increased from 26 euro to 60+VAT = 73 approx.

I wish to switch to DeGiro for lower annual fees, and to maybe buy more shares.

Question: how might any transfer work?

Would Goodbody have to materialise my shares back into paper certs, and then I would transfer them into DeGiro?

Or might Goodbody transfer direct to DeGiro?

I welcome any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

dont know specifically, but would imagine that goodbody can transfer the certs direct to degiro without need for paper form.

Check with degiro and they should be able to tell you (or tddwaterhouse.ie)

you can also do it with computershares ...but they are quite pricey (imo) to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Sign up to Degiro, download and fill out transfer form here (https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/my-account/909#517/how-do-i-transfer-my-portfolio-to-degiro)

Cost is €10 per position so in your case 40 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Prezatch wrote: »
    Sign up to Degiro, download and fill out transfer form here (https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/my-account/909#517/how-do-i-transfer-my-portfolio-to-degiro)

Cost is €10 per position so in your case 40 quid

plus goodbody costs (no idea what they charge, but would expect a fee per position)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks.

Here are the Goodbody fees:

25 per trade commission
    €60 per annum Account Maintenance Charge. This charge is subject to VAT, so = 73.80
    €13 Stock Transfer Out Charge, per line of stock, with a minimum charge of €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Two of my four shareholdings are trivial.

AIB was 631 shares, but now just 3 shares after a capital re-organisation. Current price is 5.10e, so value = 15 euro approx.

If I transfer, it costs 13+10 = 23e.

If I sell, it costs 25e.

I may as well sell AIB before I close the Goodbody account...............??? Doesn't that make sense, or am I missing something?

The State owns 99%+ of AIB, so I may as well sell??

PTSB = 12 shares, again there must have been a capital restructuring?? Current price 2.43e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement