Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Strike End?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I know already there's a thread devoted to the strike, but i want to know when realistically the strike will end roughly? I understand that there's an indefinite date but honestly i really wish it come to an end sooner rather than later and i honestly don't see any improvements in the past 6 days at all...:mad:

Main Discussion : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057711398&page=57

When do you think the strike will end? 6 votes

Friday 31st
    0% 0 votes
    Weekend 1st/2nd April
    33% 2 votes
    Beginning Monday Next Week?
    0% 0 votes
    In two weeks time?
    66% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I drive so not a care in the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

From what I have heard it will be over within the next 9 or 10 days maximum, hopefully sooner obviously.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

hopefully soon enough, it's just not fair the work load it's put on End of the Road :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

CatFromHue wrote: »
    hopefully soon enough, it's just not fair the work load it's put on End of the Road :pac:

Not hopefully soon enough. Not not fair. Not work load.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

It must be annoying for those that just got their free travel and can't use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The longer the better, might finally bring things to a head in the country, get the govt to actually do something with the public / semi state sectors in general, break some unions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bring it on, let DB and IR get involved as well, have public sentiment really turn against the unions when they bring all transport bar the luas to a full stop just to keep the overtime payments for a tiny minority of already well paid bus drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It will "end" before 14th April either with an agreement or with Bus Eireann going bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Probably soon enough so they can enjoy their pay rates momentarily before the company goes under and the routes are privatised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

VinLieger wrote: »
    Bring it on, let DB and IR get involved as well, have public sentiment really turn against the unions when they bring all transport bar the luas to a full stop just to keep the overtime payments for a tiny minority of already well paid bus drivers

I could have sworn they wanted the very thing you think they should be weary of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

VinLieger wrote: »

Well if DB & IR go out in solidarity I hope the riot squad get brought in to knock strikers heads. Disgraceful behavior by the union to drag in others in their union that have nothing to do with the strike. Would they bring the teachers out in solidarity strike too?? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think liquidation and severe restructuring is now the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Not sure I care that much. Apart from Expressway, their other buses are mostly crap services. But Expressway is losing the money. Bye bye Bus Eireann.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not really bothered how long it takes to end, once it doesn't end with the taxpayer getting saddled with a bill to keep B.E. afloat. If B.E. has to go to the wall then so be it.

Advertisement