Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You won't even attempt to price match?

Options
  • 29-03-2017 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I just got a renewal quote in the door for €881.

At one point 3 or 4 years ago, albeit TPFT but in a more powerful car my quote was €380.

I have an online quote elsewhere which offers me €559 and called your call centre. They strung me all the lines about how many benefits I have but really they are offering the same thing and I'm fuming that you weren't even prepared to split the difference.

I'd like to give you the opportunity to match or come very close; Liberty and Quinn have been very good over the years and having spent at least €10k over the last decade I would very much like to think a little recognition is in order. 

Happy to pm account details (or Lisa who has dealt with me here recently will have them). Hoping you can do something to keep me because I don't really want the hassle of switching and have genuinely been happy with service until my recent issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

sdanseo wrote: »
    Hi guys

I just got a renewal quote in the door for €881.

At one point 3 or 4 years ago, albeit TPFT but in a more powerful car my quote was €380.

I have an online quote elsewhere which offers me €559 and called your call centre. They strung me all the lines about how many benefits I have but really they are offering the same thing and I'm fuming that you weren't even prepared to split the difference.

I'd like to give you the opportunity to match or come very close; Liberty and Quinn have been very good over the years and having spent at least €10k over the last decade I would very much like to think a little recognition is in order. 

Happy to pm account details (or Lisa who has dealt with me here recently will have them). Hoping you can do something to keep me because I don't really want the hassle of switching and have genuinely been happy with service until my recent issue.

Thanks
    Hi

Sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us. We have referred your policy to our Underwriting Department for review. We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Why beg them to match or come close to an offer another insurer will give you. It's a clear money grab you have been with them for 10 years they think they can milk you and clearly don't value your custom. Change insurer, tell them why, a massive loss of business is the only way the price gouging will end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

There's no hassle in changing. I'd be gone like a rocket for a 300 yo yo saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

jca wrote: »
    There's no hassle in changing. I'd be gone like a rocket for a 300 yo yo saving.

Why beg them to match or come close to an offer another insurer will give you. It's a clear money grab you have been with them for 10 years they think they can milk you and clearly don't value your custom. Change insurer, tell them why, a massive loss of business is the only way the price gouging will end.
    Wise words indeed.

I come from a sales background - Liberty are a huge underwriter and can more than afford to match.

What I'm wondering is will they. I'm quote happy to give them the benefit of the opportunity to match, because I believe in some loyalty from customers. Many businesses would not have been able to grow without this.

That has to be reciprocated however. I'll be very reluctantly phoning the new insurer on Monday to make payment, unless of course Liberty can pull something out of the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Did they get back to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Offered to bring it down to €836. They "don't price match".

Their loss come renewal.

Advertisement