Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent PM Text Disappearing

Options
  • 29-03-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, I've just sent 2 replies to PMs I received. When I look in my sent items, the PMs are there but when I open them only the quoted text is visible. I'm not sure if the recipient can see my reply or they can only see the quoted text too. They are: https://www.boards.ie/b/message/show/14242838 and https://www.boards.ie/b/message/show/14242926 if this helps. This is the case viewing them on responsive and legacy site.

Firefox 52.0.1, Linux Mint 17.3

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hey golfcaptain,

Sorry about that. Could you try either replying to the PM via the Legacy version of the site or copying and pasting what you are responding to into a new message. You can enter the pasted text as a quote by putting
    Pasted text here
    (remove the spaces within the square brackets)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for replying so quick. I replied via the Legacy site and it appears to have sent OK now, except the reply appears in the middle of the quoted text. I'll try to explain:

Reply to PM on Responsive Site:
    QuotedMessage1Text
    QuotedMessage2Text
    QuotedMessage3Text [end quote tag]
    I Type My Reply here
    Result -> only quoted messages appear in sent PM

Reply to PM on Legacy Site:
    [start quote tag][start quote tag] QuotedMessage1Text [end quote tag] QuotedMessage2Text [end quote tag] QuotedMessage3Text [end quote tag]
    Type my reply here
    Result -> My reply appears before QuotedMessage3Text

I hope I've explained that clearly. Notice in both cases there's 3 nested quotes but there seems to be missing a 'begin quote' tag. Perhaps this was deleted by accident and that's what's screwing with things?

Boards.ie Employee

Yes, I believe the omission of a quote at the beginning of a quote sequence has thrown things through a loop there. Very sorry you're running into issues here; responsive site doesn't seem to like PMs sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

Yes, I believe the omission of a quote at the beginning of a quote sequence has thrown things through a loop there. Very sorry you're running into issues here; responsive site doesn't seem to like PMs sometimes.
    I'll bear that in mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just a question about PMs on the touch site:

Is it normal not to see the previous contents of a PM when replying?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Esel wrote: »
    Just a question about PMs on the touch site:

Is it normal not to see the previous contents of a PM when replying?

Hey Esel,

Yes, that is normal. I'm not sure why and I've asked for it to be looked into. Or at least for a cause to be identified :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement