Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edison Mega Os setup

Options
  • 29-03-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi
    I have no experience with these boxes.
    I got it preloaded with Open ATV and have installed a hard disc. I basically want to have it set up for Irish and UK channels (FTV) initally, seven day EPG with auto update and series record . Later I want to add another satellite and activate kodi.
    I downloaded channels and used dreambox edit to sort them. I tried an autobouquets add on which left me constantly with a UK lineup and was constantly defaulting to it rather than my original list. I eventually did a factory reset.
    I have found a setup guide for a Zgemma box with Open ATV on youtube but I wonder if this will just set up for Uk channels. As there is no audio I am having trouble following where he gets some of his plugins from and why he deletes various plugins.
    Most of the guides for Open ATV seem to be in German.
    Is there a basic setup guide for Open ATV somewhere (in English) for what I am looking to do or would I be better to use Openvix ?
    If I switch to Openvix can I flash it on the box without removing the OpenATV flash?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

use openvix, and when you flash box it just's overwrites the existing. Then here is a good guide for openvix.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/

and flash the latest version of vix as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

intro wrote: »
    Hi
    I basically want to have it set up for Irish and UK channels (FTV) initally, seven day EPG with auto update and series record . Later I want to add another satellite and activate kodi.
    I downloaded channels and used dreambox edit to sort them. I tried an autobouquets add on which left me constantly with a UK lineup and was constantly defaulting to it rather than my original list. I eventually did a factory reset.
    I have found a setup guide for a Zgemma box with Open ATV on youtube but I wonder if this will just set up for Uk channels. As there is no audio I am having trouble following where he gets some of his plugins from and why he deletes various plugins.
    Most of the guides for Open ATV seem to be in German.
    Is there a basic setup guide for Open ATV somewhere (in English) for what I am looking to do or would I be better to use Openvix ?
    If I switch to Openvix can I flash it on the box without removing the OpenATV flash?
    Many thanks
    May I ask how you got on with this?
    I am in a similar position and would just like the Irish and UK channels on the same EPG. Nothing fancy. Would like to know what image and plugins etc. I need for a minimal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

peking97 wrote: »
    May I ask how you got on with this?
    I am in a similar position and would just like the Irish and UK channels on the same EPG. Nothing fancy. Would like to know what image and plugins etc. I need for a minimal system.
    Most images include a facility called WEBIF. If you know the network address of your box such as 192.168.xxx.xxx Enter that into any web browser on your network. That should give you access to webif. From there you can do many functions including building a favourites list where you mix terrestrial and satellite channels in any order you fancy.

Advertisement