Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solaris Linux GRUB problem on loop

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi is there anyone can help me with the problem I'm stuck in GRUB it keep looping, see attached file every time I select an option it will say error 16 inconsistent file system structure and be back on the grub main menu it's started when the computer never properly shut down, I'm happy to pay if these one can be fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't like the look of that - the boot device is obviously ZFS, and it would appear that both copies of the ZFS metadata are corrupt. Is the boot-volume mirrored? Have you tried the auto-repair boot mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joeylin101

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't like the look of that - the boot device is obviously ZFS, and it would appear that both copies of the ZFS metadata are corrupt. Is the boot-volume mirrored? Have you tried the auto-repair boot mode?
    I've try every menu in the GRUB main menu but no luck, I've also try to clone the harddisk it self but still no luck about mirror probably not. I'm not expert in Linux OS environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

joeylin101 wrote: »
    I've try every menu in the GRUB main menu but no luck, I've also try to clone the harddisk it self but still no luck about mirror probably not. I'm not expert in Linux OS environment.

Solaris isn't a Linux distribution, it is a hard-as-nails commercial Unix. Now then - to business. You'll need to boot from media and recover the rpool ZFS pool metadata. Can you boot the machine into single-user from a Solaris install DVD (select "3 Shell" from the media's GRUB menu) and run "zpool status"?

Advertisement