Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media - what do you love/hate about it? Who are your favourite Youtubers/Insta

Options
  • 28-03-2017 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hoping this thread will be allowed here :) The reason I want to discuss it, is lately I've become so disillusioned with the sheer amount of product placement through all forms of social media, and the obsession with ones image as present online. 

My main peeves are: 
    Product placement/non disclousre of ads
    The obsession with perfection (over editing of photos), adding 27 filters isn't going to translate into real life hun.
    Oversharing of things that only your very close family/friends care about (excessive pics of kids, your boring meals you cooked etc etc)
    Incorrect information being spread like wildfire (for example, 14 girls went missing in the US in 1 day, this is not even close to accurate, also the United Airlines leggings fiasco, lots of facts had been left out of the initial tweets that fueled the fire).

I'd love to find some new accounts to follow, as I find I get bored of certain content pretty fast, maybe we can discuss here some accounts we find interesting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The scope of this thread is too wide.
    The things you bring up have been discussed over in other threads, closed or open.
    Also it promotes potential nasty/bitchy comments with the request for "what do you hate?"

There already is a recommendations thread for bloggers/vloggers but if you want one more for instagram that is fine.

There will never be anything "what do you hate about XXX" allowed in this forum at all (while I am mod). There is enough hate in this world, we don't need it here.
    If a person has a problem with a blogger they can either use an account on another site, like Facebook, to vent.
    But if a person likes a blogger they are welcome to share why that is in this forum.

Hope that explains why this thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement