Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C25k completed... want to do 10k

Options
  • 28-03-2017 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey all

I have completed the 5km on a weekly basis via the parkrun.

I would now like to run 10km

I am an ex gaa player and I would have had a serious level of fitness a number of years ago.

Has anyone got a plan for training for 10km?
    Any advice on diet and training days alook welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bridge to 10k is what I used after 5k about 4-5 years back. Might not hurt to look at the marathon graduates 2016 thread, there's a spreadsheet plan in it, at the end of the OP. I did the base plan and am now on the 5-10k plan with a 10k race coming up in May.

Others will probably have better advice, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Reid

Bridge to 10k is what I used after 5k about 4-5 years back. Might not hurt to look at the marathon graduates 2016 thread, there's a spreadsheet plan in it, at the end of the OP. I did the base plan and am now on the 5-10k plan with a 10k race coming up in May.

Others will probably have better advice, though.
    Cheers man will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

no saying its better but heres another option for you ,

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51121/10K-Training-Guide

I went from 5k to 10 k by doing an extar run a week (4) and lengthening my weekend run week on week as I didnt like the stop start of the 10 bridge after finish the c25k, always felt like I was stepping back instead of pregressing. perhaps thats just me.

Advertisement