Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crew cab insurance

Options
  • 28-03-2017 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi I just bought a new 7 seat crew cab and I'm finding it very hard to get insurance... Just wondering has anyone else had problems getting insurance..
    They tell me that most companies won't insure any commercial with more than 6 seats... even though the last van I had had 7 seats also so I was just transferring the insurance over but won't cover me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

What's the make model of crew-cab?
    Is it a 7seater passenger jeep that was converted by someone, but not the official dealer.(example Audi Q7 with conversion to get out of high tax bank but only real conversion was tinted windows )

What occup use for commercial are you trying to cover

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joecivic

It's an opel movano and it's a factory crew cab plasterer by trade thanks
    cplwhisper wrote: »
    What's the make model of crew-cab?
    Is it a 7seater passenger jeep that was converted by someone, but not the official dealer.(example Audi Q7 with conversion to get out of high tax bank but only real conversion was tinted windows )

What occup use for commercial are you trying to cover

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jay leavy

Can I ask did you get sorted and who with?

I'm converting a VW to a 7 seat crew and can only get insurance for 6 seats

Advertisement