Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour Overcrowding and the complications that arise

Options
  • 28-03-2017 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

In the current and last property I have lived in there has been overcrowding in neighbouring houses. It's impossible to know who the actual tenant is.

New neighbours moved in two months ago and they have not left out one bag of rubbish, it is piling up in the yard.

We contacted the Council but as none of us are council tenants nor can the waste be seen from the street it's not an issue for them I was told.

We don't particularly want to have to go knocking on the neighbours door because a lot of people are living there.

Anyone have any advise?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

gizmo81 wrote: »
    In the current and last property I have lived in there has been overcrowding in neighbouring apartments. It's impossible to know who the actual tenant is.

New neighbours moved in two months ago and they have not left out one bag of rubbish, it is piling up in the yard.

We contacted the Council but as none of us are council tenants nor can the waste be seen from the street it's not an issue for them I was told.

We don't particularly want to have to go knocking on the neighbours door because a lot of people are living there.

Anyone have any advise?
    Contact the management company for the complex

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Sorry not apartments. Houses. I'll update the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,761 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Contact the environmental department at the council, not the housing department.

Be clear that your problem is the rubbish, don't mention overcrowding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Contact the environmental department at the council, not the housing department.

Be clear that your problem is the rubbish, don't mention overcrowding.

Thanks very much will give that a try tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The council should send a waste enforcement officer out to inspect the property. Happened to me when I had two bags of brambles in my back garden and the neighbour wasn't happy about it. Don't expect much to be done, I found them easy to ignore, they came left a letter saying to contact them, which I didn't. Then came back a month later with the same letter to contact them. I could have ignored them again but called them and said they can look in the back garden. They came out two months later and the bags were long gone. No harm putting in a complaint but don't expect much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RoundTheWorld

I'd call into a few of the other neighbours, and try to find out who
    The landlord is. You can lodge a complaint to the RTB for overcrowding and rubbish build up. It's the landlord's responsibility, he / she might be unaware.

Advertisement