Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine lte voip

Options
  • 27-03-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has set up a voip phone on imagine lte. Was using a regular phone but got my hands on a Cisco spa303 which I would like to use alongside two other phones of the same model once I have the first up and running.
    The phone is picking up ip, gateway etc but I'm not getting a dial tone. Rang imagine to see if there was anything they needed to activate but they put it down to phone configuration.

Has anyone set up a proper voip phone on this network and if so could you offer any guidance on what needs to be done in order to make it work. The Cisco manual is pretty useless and basically presents itself as plug and play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

What are you trying to use, Imagine's own VoIP service or a third party?

As I believe the only way to use Imagine's own residential voice service is to plug an "analogue" phone into the RJ-11 port on the modem, I don't think they'll deliver pure end-to-end VoIP on the residential packages (although open to correction).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭threeball

PAKNET wrote: »
    What are you trying to use, Imagine's own VoIP service or a third party?

As I believe the only way to use Imagine's own residential voice service is to plug an "analogue" phone into the RJ-11 port on the modem, I don't think they'll deliver pure end-to-end VoIP on the residential packages (although open to correction).

I was hoping to use imagines own service but i suspect you're right. They werent even slightly helpful and very unsure of what i could do. I might end up using goldfish instead.

Advertisement