Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West of Ireland - 3/4 Nights in April

Options
  • 27-03-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We're planning 3 or 4 nights away in April during the midterm for myself/wife and 5 year old and looking for some tips on location. We'll be borrowing my parents camper (VW T25) and it'll be our 1st real camper trip so want to plan it right :) Hoping I can get some tips here for locations and a route to take possibly. Here's what we're working with:

- We'll be staying at the inlaws the night before heading off and leaving from Achill on the morning of day one. We'll be back here again here on the last day so trip will be starting and finishing in Achill. We've no interest in camping in Achill as it'd feel like we hadn't gone anywhere at all :)
    - We're probably looking to stay in campsites each of the night to make it as seamless as possible. May stay in hotel on last night depending on how everyones feeling but hopefully not.
    - Beach locations would be great but everything will depend on the weather I guess.
    - Open to suggestions for any campsites at all up that way really - wouldn't know any except Westport which again would feel like we hadn't gone anywhere.
    - Happy enough to move around, so wouldn't discount the north at all.

Any suggestions? Have nothing in mind or decided so would love any input at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

We stayed in Doolin late last year, good area for touring around there are two campsites one in the village and the other down near the harbour. Both nice sites.

Advertisement