Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is mixing hard tap water with distilled water a good idea?

Options
  • 26-03-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

We have hard water (300 or more ppm) at home and use a Brita filter for filtering it. I know the Brita filter doesn't remove the minerals so technically the minerals are still int here when we drink it. The thing is, I am not sure I like drinknig very hard water so thought about getting a distiller and having like a 50/50 mix. Would the result be somewhat the same as just drinking distilled water and adding trace minerals back in? They say that distilled water is not good because it leaches minerals from your body. There is some controversy there so not really sure. Adding the minerals after distilling seems like a bit excessive to me.

Comments

Advertisement