Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

train

Options
  • 26-03-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I get the train and only know when to get off by looking out the window but I notice people sit where they can't see outside. how do they know when to
    get off ? do they count the stops
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

The train from Portlaoise to Heuston Station travels so slow that you could jump off anytime...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

L1011 wrote: »
    There are announcements.

Heh, there certainly are, if they are the right ones or not, is another matter entirely, especially on the commuter and 86xx dart class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Apart from the announcements there's a rolling ticker above the doors telling you what the next station is and how far it is..

On the trains with wrong announcements, this is also wrong :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

GPS Alarm clock for your smart phone - great on all public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

L1011 wrote: »
    There are announcements.

Frequently misinformation.

This morning I was on a train from Howth,
    approaching Raheny the recording announced we were about to stop at Killester. I thought I had nodded off until we came into Raheny
    Next stop, it told us next stop, Pearse.

This less of a problem than late announcements, on more than one occasion, I have heard DunLaoghaire called just after leaving that station.

Advertisement