Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish 269

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

Are they getting many new ones?

jvan wrote: »
    Are they getting many new ones?

Just the one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Could someone clear something up for me as I am getting a bit confused about this replacement aircraft. Both here on boards and On IMO posters I believe have said we are getting a refurbished Mexican aircraft while others have said it's a new one. But from reading posts the Pc9 is no longer being made so would it not cost a small sum for just one aircraft to be built?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

roadmaster wrote: »
    Could someone clear something up for me as I am getting a bit confused about this replacement aircraft. Both here on boards and On IMO posters I believe have said we are getting a refurbished Mexican aircraft while others have said it's a new one. But from reading posts the Pc9 is no longer being made so would it not cost a small sum for just one aircraft to be built?
    It won't be ex-FAM. New build to the same specs as the original IAC ones for a couple of million euro. First one to be built in a decade but they seem to have gotten an okay deal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Peregrine wrote: »
    It won't be ex-FAM. New build to the same specs as the original IAC ones for a couple of million euro. First one to be built in a decade but they seem to have gotten an okay deal for it.

I wonder the fact that there building one off airframe is it part of bigger Deal for buyinig PC12's to replace the cessnas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

roadmaster wrote: »
    I wonder the fact that there building one off airframe is it part of bigger Deal for buyinig PC12's to replace the cessnas

Considering the tender hasn't even been issued yet, I doubt it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

An attrition replacement was part of the original contract but the Swiss were pissed off with the Mexicans for using theirs in combat, so now the Mexicans have the Beech T6 MK II so this new aircraft has nothing to do with Mexico. Pilatus can stop and start production of this and other Pilatus products on demand, the Porter being one example.

Advertisement