Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce paper

Options
  • 26-03-2017 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

How long after divorce did you receive final papers from court? Divorced 5 weeks ago and still nothing.tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

Chase it up by ringing the court you attended. There can be a back log so if you need it for something ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

The court services are literally snowed under with work. I was waiting over 3 months for my papers.
    But rest assured you are divorced.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

Can a ex spouse hold up divorce proceedings by claiming they are stressed/ anxious or after the 4 years are you allowed get a divorce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I'm not too sure about being anxious/stressed.
    Once you meet the criteria for the 4 years you are entitled to a divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aoibhin84 wrote:
    Can a ex spouse hold up divorce proceedings by claiming they are stressed/ anxious or after the 4 years are you allowed get a divorce?

Unfortunately they can hold up the proceesings in any number of ways and yes, claiming stress/anxiety is one of them.
    Payton wrote:
    I'm not too sure about being anxious/stressed. Once you meet the criteria for the 4 years you are entitled to a divorce.

You're entitled to apply, would be the more correct way to term it. I got divorced last year and there were cases in the call-over that had been dragging on for over ten years because one party wouldn't engage with proceedings. Irish courts are EXTREMELY loathe to grant divorces when both parties aren't actively clamouring for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

That is quite worrying, it's insane because 4 years is more than enough time to wait, legal advice to me has been there might be one excuse allowed but the second time she doesn't show up they will grant divorce, there are no kids, property or assets

Advertisement