Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quashqai turbo

Options
  • 26-03-2017 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi I have a 2013 Quashqai diesel with €140,000.00 kms. Last year I noticed a noise which I thought sounded like a slipping fanbelt. I mentioned to the main dealer when getting serviced and they ccould find no problem. I later got it serviced by a local garage and he also found no problem. Back again last Oct to main dealer who changed the fanbelt but the problem remained. Serviced by main dealer in Jan and also passed NCT -noise still there but again the dealer could find no problem. I bought it in again last week as I thought it was getting worse, they checked everything and said the fanbelt was slightly frayed but there was no other issues.

Popped into my local Ford dealer looking at a replacement car , salesman popped the bonnet and said 'I think you may a leak in the trurbo or maybe a cracked turbo pipe-quite a common problem for Kuga and Quashqai'.

Q's:
    Even though the car is outside warranty for the last year (over 100,000 kms) is a replacement turbo if needed a design fault and therefore should be covered by Nissan particularly given the incompetence of the main dealership who should have spotted the problem over a year ago ?

If not how much should it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

I know a guy who had 2 turbo fails on a 151 qashqai....the 2nd one occured within 3 months of the dealer replacing the 1st failure. Covered by warranty but outside warranty he was looking at €1200 -€1500. Not nice.

Seems to be a big issue but doubt nissan will be willing to cover the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

More likely they made a bags of fitting the replacement or didn't address the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

colm_mcm wrote: »
    More likely they made a bags of fitting the replacement or didn't address the cause.

Without a doubt they ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CPS84

Wailin wrote: »
    I know a guy who had 2 turbo fails on a 151 qashqai....the 2nd one occured within 3 months of the dealer replacing the 1st failure. Covered by warranty but outside warranty he was looking at €1200 -€1500. Not nice.

Seems to be a big issue but doubt nissan will be willing to cover the cost.

Bought a 141 1.5L dci tekna with only 30,000 miles a few months back. Currently in the garage getting the turbo replaced:mad:. Mechanic said its a big issue with these Qashqais.

Advertisement