Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mma beginners

Options
  • 25-03-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

How's it goin just looking places that take on mma beginners, not looking to compete but just train and become fit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

MD1987 wrote: »
    How's it goin just looking places that take on mma beginners, not looking to compete but just train and become fit

Pretty sure most places would cater for beginners.

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MD1987

Based north county Dublin,

Based north county Dublin,

Okay - where abouts in North County Dublin?

Stating where you are is going to make it a lot easier to direct you to a club, if that's ultimately what you're looking for.

Sorry swords

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sorry swords

Think there's an SBG out there as good a place to start as any!

• Advertisement

Sorry swords

Np :)

Rush is about a 20 min drive (15km) from the Swords shopping centre, http://www.rushfightacademy.ie/ or SBG Swords as mentioned above.

Didn think sbg done beginners classes? Cheers for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

A gym that didn't cater to beginners wouldn't last very long! I think most of them offer a fundamentals class which would be a good one to begin with. Just mention to whomever is taking the class that's it's your first time and they'll show you the ropes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

From Swords I'd suggest three clubs.

There's Rush Fight Academy in Rush (opposite centra on the main street). They're the cheapest of the three and have had some great success in the amateur and pro MMA ranks.

Nearest to you but probably the most expensive is SBG in Swords village.

Finally you have Malahide MMA, coached by John Redmond ~ the legndary 'Johnny Jitzu' (ODF).

They'll all cater for beginners and you'll never be pushed into competing in any MMA club which I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

From Swords I'd suggest three clubs.

There's Rush Fight Academy in Rush (opposite centra on the main street). They're the cheapest of the three and have had some great success in the amateur and pro MMA ranks.

Nearest to you but probably the most expensive is SBG in Swords village.

Finally you have Malahide MMA, coached by John Redmond ~ the legndary 'Johnny Jitzu' (ODF).

They'll all cater for beginners and you'll never be pushed into competing in any MMA club which I know.

Is malahide mma still open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I believe they still have beg specific classes They had BJJ and SBG[MMA] 101 classes and 201 classes for Intermediates and above if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is malahide mma still open?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.. Yes, they're still open. You can find them on facebook.

Advertisement