Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60" LG ULTRA HD 4K TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

It's coming up as €899.99 for me on arnotts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Not a bad price with Arrnotts, is this TV any good is the real question if so not a bad price then for 60" 4K TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,990 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3 HDMI connections might be hassle if you have a number of devices you want to connect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TallGlass wrote: »
    I don't really know if this is a bargain, but my BA radar is going off looking at it.

60" 4K Screen for 999€ from a bricks and mortar shop....

Whats peoples thoughts?

https://www.powercity.ie/index.php?par=10-14-60UH625&next=

Your BA radar is bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

3 HDMI connections might be hassle if you have a number of devices you want to connect.

It's as good as you get these days really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought the 43" version of that tv at the beginning of the year and it's not a bad tv for the money I paid for it. Even on the smaller 43" screen with HDR it is pretty decent for gaming but I'm not a gamer who needs the best or latest so no idea how the 60" screen would fair out and probably would depend on what you intend to use it for and what your coming from now. For the price range it's in it's probably one of the better ones available imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Is this a BA? Standards are slipping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Is this not a good price for a 60" 4k hdr smart tv?Can the detractors post a better tv for the money(€900 in arnotts)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

magentis wrote: »
    Is this not a good price for a 60" 4k hdr smart tv?Can the detractors post a better tv for the money(€900 in arnotts)?

Personally I'd drop the 5 inches and get the 55 inch model of this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-inch-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/dp/B01DUPUESO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1477294962&sr=1-1&keywords=h43m3000&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

cronos wrote: »
    Unfair comparison. 60" was the challenge. Big difference in size between 55 & 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202450-58kec730.aspx

58" (not quite as big, but closer than 55) for €729, but no hdr

On the other side, heres a 65" for €150 more, again, hdr not listed, but may be included in the firmware updates being pushed out (dont know, didnt check)

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202183-65m5500.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

It has HDR, which to my simple mind, is the only show in town when it comes to 4k. Looks good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

emo72 wrote: »
    It has HDR, which to my simple mind, is the only show in town when it comes to 4k. Looks good value.

Really guys you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between good hd and 4k at 55/60 inches.. I've an e series oled and while some 4k looks great you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind test. That and the fact that probably 90% of your content will be hd for the foreseeable future... I wouldn't be killing myself to get a 4k screen... Also re HDR sky won't have it for the foreseeable future.. I have it on good authority that the q box can't do HDR...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

Really guys you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between good hd and 4k at 55/60 inches.. I've an e series oled and while some 4k looks great you would be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind test. That and the fact that probably 90% of your content will be hd for the foreseeable future... I wouldn't be killing myself to get a 4k screen... Also re HDR sky won't have it for the foreseeable future.. I have it on good authority that the q box can't do HDR...

Interesting points Mick, all valid. Yeah there's not much 4k content or there yet. My 8 year old Panasonic is getting a bit bright now. The deep blacks are fading.

emo72 wrote: »
    Interesting points Mick, all valid. Yeah there's not much 4k content or there yet. My 8 year old Panasonic is getting a bit bright now. The deep blacks are fading.

The best explanation I got is grains of sand on a beach. The closer you look at them the eye can resolve individual grains... Step back a bit and you can't... So to appreciate 4k you probably need a 75" screen... How many typical sitting rooms can take a screen that size :) don't get me wrong it still looks great. Some of planet earth uhd 4k HDR is sublime on my oled.. Id pick good black level and screen uniformity over 4k any day... TV companies need to sell tvs.. So 4k 8k and screen brightness are the sales pitch

The best explanation I got is grains of sand on a beach. The closer you look at them the eye can resolve individual grains... Step back a bit and you can't... So to appreciate 4k you probably need a 75" screen... How many typical sitting rooms can take a screen that size :) don't get me wrong it still looks great. Some of planet earth uhd 4k HDR is sublime on my oled.. Id pick good black level and screen uniformity over 4k any day... TV companies need to sell tvs.. So 4k 8k and screen brightness are the sales pitch

Don't take my word for it.

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/

p. s emo if you are a plasma fan oled is probably your best bet.. I went from a Panasonic 50vt65 and the oled is better... Screen is brighter but still gives you the same black level

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Sacrifice 2 inches to get HDR?
    58" Panasonic (4k HDR)
    €889 plus 6 year guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Sub430 wrote: »
    Sacrifice 2 inches to get HDR?
    58" Panasonic (4k HDR)
    €889 plus 6 year guarantee.

Damn...

I was just about to pull the trigger on this.

You've got me thinking again now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

cletus wrote: »
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202450-58kec730.aspx

58" (not quite as big, but closer than 55) for €729, but no hdr

On the other side, heres a 65" for €150 more, again, hdr not listed, but may be included in the firmware updates being pushed out (dont know, didnt check)

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202183-65m5500.aspx

Not to mention richersounds have a forum on boards and 6 year warranty on TVs.

However I don't rate HiSense. If it was my money I'd get this:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201923-viera-tx58dx700b.aspx

I have the 2015 model (actually one model up - the 802b) and it's sensational. Amazing contrast, blacks as good as a plasma and excellent uniformity across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

I have a 50" 4k hisense, excellent tv, dunno why you wouldnt rate them

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Damn...

I was just about to pull the trigger on this.

You've got me thinking again now....

I got the Panasonic 58 at the Richer Sounds St Paddys Weekend Sale for €799 :P
    Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Sub430 wrote: »
    I got the Panasonic 58 at the Richer Sounds St Paddys Weekend Sale for €799 :P
    Delighted with it.

Some people don't like the viewing angles....

My new telly will go in the corner of a fairly standard size front room.
    So not every one will be dead center.

Advertisement