Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The reason Men climb mountains

Options
  • 24-03-2017 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Climbers answer "because is is there".A non answer. The reason they climb it is because mountains peaks resemble the nurturing shape of breasts. Its a sub conscious calling

Same way girls in school play hockey. the stick being a phallic symbol.
    Boys play rugby with an ovary shaped ball..

you get me?

Comments

Climbers answer "because is is there".A non answer. The reason they climb it is because mountains peaks resemble the nurturing shape of breasts. Its a sub concious calling

Please give us more of your glorious insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Of course there like tits, why do you think I go up there to masturbate.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

I like eating bananas,my wife do not, what does that tell you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

you get me?
    There's a small part of me that wants to, you glorious mad bastard :D, but you'll have to add more to get me on board. Now if you had mused that men climb mountains because it tests them and by surmounting(no pun) that test they telegraph their suitability to the opposite sex so they may mount them(pun intended) I might have been with you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

kingchess wrote: »

Your marriage is going down the drain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Three posts in and the spelling is already at a below par standard, even for a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hovering over the post before clicking into the thread, I fully expected the OP to have a join date of Mar 2017 and a post count of 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

As a very suave french man once said to me when comparing me to his fondness for climbing said mountains: "It's useless, and that's the beauty of it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

There's a pair of mountains in North Mayo known by locals as 'the Dollys'. Because they look like Ms Parton's ample bosom. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Wibbs wrote: »
    There's a small part of me that wants to, you glorious mad bastard :D, but you'll have to add more to get me on board. Now if you had mused that men climb mountains because it tests them and by surmounting(no pun) that test they telegraph their suitability to the opposite sex so they may mount them(pun intended) I might have been with you.

Breasts remind men of their moms and the nurturing of childhood. The safest place in the world. I've seen men cry when they have reached the summit. They don't understand why but I do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Breasts remind men of their moms and the nurturing of childhood. The safest place in the world. I've seen men cry when they have reached the summit. They don't understand why but I do

Because you are still in your childhood too.

https://youtu.be/HU2ftCitvyQ
    Climbers answer "because is is there".A non answer. The reason they climb it is because mountains peaks resemble the nurturing shape of breasts. Its a sub conscious calling

you get me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

What does this mean for cavers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

baaba maal wrote: »

I think they prefer the term 'spelunkers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

My mother climbs mountains all the time. What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What manner of pointy, jagged, snow covered tits have you been subjected to op?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I just ate my bollix...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kingchess wrote: »

She's your beard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Rubbish. Men went to the moon so what does it resemble? A cheesy fangita?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

So yeah, that quote is George Mallory. It didn't end well for him.

Potentially disturbing:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1162155/thumbs/o-GEORGE-MALLORY-facebook.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Breasts remind men of their moms
    "Moms"? I'm not from America(or apparently South Kerry) and had a mam so that might make a diff.
    baaba maal wrote: »
    On the OP's reckoning I'm more a spelunker than a mountaineer. Calling Dr Freud? Plus I figure that if I'm scaling a boob and feel the need to plant a flag in same, she's defo a big lass.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

OP does have a point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast-shaped_hill

Such hills were often associated with mother goddesses. Irish kings were inaugurated atop mountains, where they symbolically 'married' the land

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I read a book about Edmund Hillary. He and Sherpa Tenzing were the first documented climbers of Everest.

Fascinating to read about both men. Hillary for instance was a massive cigarette smoker at the time of the climb, a 40 a day man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I read a book about Edmund Hillary. He and Sherpa Tenzing were the first documented climbers of Everest.

Fascinating to read about both men. Hillary for instance was a massive cigarette smoker at the time of the climb, a 40 a day man.

Its said that a smoker might be at an advantage at altitude in that they are already used to having less oxygen in their blood from smoking. So when they climb to over 8,000m the effects of the altitude and less oxygen available to the lungs does not impact them as hard as it does on a non-smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its said that a smoker might be at an advantage at altitude in that they are already used to having less oxygen in their blood from smoking. So when they climb to over 8,000m the effects of the altitude and less oxygen available to the lungs does not impact them as hard as it does on a non-smoker.

When they got into the death zone, 26,000 feet, he used to take off his oxygen mask to smoke his fag.

He also smoked a couple at the summit.

There definitely could be something there about what you say about smokers.

Advertisement