Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Governments priorities

Options
  • 24-03-2017 7:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

Suicide deaths Ireland 2015 - 451
    Road fatalities 2015 - 193

So what gets more coverage and attention?
    Speeding adverts everywhere and speed vans everywhere. Absolutely insane amount of stuff related to road accidents like seats belts, speed, intoxication etc.
    Yet there is nowhere near as much coverage for suicide
    If this does not tell you that our government is 100% about profit then I don't know what will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Raising awareness of suicide in trying to prevent it often has the opposite effect as the idea sticks in vulnerable people's minds. I know there was a time I would have been at risk for this. Encouraging people to talk about their mental health without mentioning the S word is far more helpful, and is something I've seen more and more of recently.

Advertisement