Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesson prices in south Dublin/north Wicklow area

Options
  • 24-03-2017 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was looking at the Pure golf website who operate out of Leopardstown for info about their lessons, things like price and whether they have cameras/trackman etc. Anyway, despite the fancy website I am none the wiser :confused:.
    I was paying €35 for 30 plus mins down in Greystones, and that was with the full setup. However, the personnel has changed recently,and I could do with a fresh perspective.
    So what options/recommendations would you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

They definitely have trackman in Leopardstown.

David Lewis moved on to become club pro in Bray and, while he still has come contact with Greystones (Wicklow Golf academy), I would imagine he is not there as much.

He has since given Bray notice of his intention to move on.
    He will move to Blainroe where they have 50 acres of land that they plan to build an academy.

Having said all of that - I had one lesson with him a few years ago and found him very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

BraveDonut wrote: »
    They definitely have trackman in Leopardstown.

David Lewis moved on to become club pro in Bray and, while he still has come contact with Greystones (Wicklow Golf academy), I would imagine he is not there as much.

He has since given Bray notice of his intention to move on.
    He will move to Blainroe where they have 50 acres of land that they plan to build an academy.

Having said all of that - I had one lesson with him a few years ago and found him very good.
    Yeah, I have used DL a few times and while he is very good, I don't fancy having to do a trip down to Blainroe every time. Just wondering what the going rate is these days in south Dublin/NE Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Had a lesson on Saturday with Karl who is greystones pro. Found it very good and would recommend him if you haven't had one from him before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Please read the charter lads, Mr. McDaid is mentioned in it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can second Karl. And he did raise a European Tour Superstar amongst all the other fantastic talent that has and continues to come through. That didn't happen by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Has anyone used Donal Gleeson PGA Pro in Old Conna for lessons/fitting who seems to have a Trackman setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Please read the charter lads, Mr. McDaid is mentioned in it
    Hi Charlie,
    For those of us who don't know, can you summarise why. It probably should state why in the charter. Sorry if this is a touchy subject and no need to go into detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wazabru

bmay529 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Donal Gleeson PGA Pro in Old Conna for lessons/fitting who seems to have a Trackman setup?

I have used him for about a year. A very nicely presented set up in Old Conna with a trackman for long game and a short game academy. It is set aside from the club and is very private, so you don't have any distracting noise or people passing behind you.

http://donalgleeson.com/Tuition.html

Charges €40 for 30 mins.

He keep things very simple. He is really skilled at explaining the trackman numbers and gives great insight as to the club/face/path/target lines, and more importantly what can be done to optimise your swing.

When you take the adjustment onboard and swing again you see the immediate impact on the numbers and the impact on the ball. It shows if you hit it optimally and if you are in the blue zone. It is great feedback.

The trackman session gives you lots of information. Videos of before and after swings and reference points to remember. This is then sent directly from his academy to your email with a voiceover and a record/ reminder on what to focus on and practice. You also get the data. Very useful as it is a record of what is happening to your swing over a few lessons. I saw increasing consistency, decreasing dispersion and length gains.

In summary you get very simple, focussed and accurate swing changes relevant to you and how you swing it. He optimises you.
    If you have faults, he will correct them remarkably quickly. He makes sure you have a swing that will not strain your back or rely on mountains of practice to maintain timing. If anything he simplifies the swing and declutters things for me.

I took follow up lessons every 3 months to keep things in check.
    He did not push me to take a series of lessons and left it with me to check back in whenever I felt I needed it.

and I dropped 5 shots in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

wazabru wrote: »
    I have used him for about a year. A very nicely presented set up in Old Conna with a trackman for long game and a short game academy. It is set aside from the club and is very private, so you don't have any distracting noise or people passing behind you.

http://donalgleeson.com/Tuition.html

Charges €40 for 30 mins.

He keep things very simple. He is really skilled at explaining the trackman numbers and gives great insight as to the club/face/path/target lines, and more importantly what can be done to optimise your swing.

When you take the adjustment onboard and swing again you see the immediate impact on the numbers and the impact on the ball. It shows if you hit it optimally and if you are in the blue zone. It is great feedback.

The trackman session gives you lots of information. Videos of before and after swings and reference points to remember. This is then sent directly from his academy to your email with a voiceover and a record/ reminder on what to focus on and practice. You also get the data. Very useful as it is a record of what is happening to your swing over a few lessons. I saw increasing consistency, decreasing dispersion and length gains.

In summary you get very simple, focussed and accurate swing changes relevant to you and how you swing it. He optimises you.
    If you have faults, he will correct them remarkably quickly. He makes sure you have a swing that will not strain your back or rely on mountains of practice to maintain timing. If anything he simplifies the swing and declutters things for me.

I took follow up lessons every 3 months to keep things in check.
    He did not push me to take a series of lessons and left it with me to check back in whenever I felt I needed it.

and I dropped 5 shots in the year.

What a recommendation! I’ve a lesson with him Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

What a recommendation! I’ve a lesson with him Saturday morning

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

jclack wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on.

Very impressed - knows his stuff and has top quality equipment too.

I’ll definitely return to him

Advertisement