Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superheros

Options
  • 24-03-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭

if there were real life superheros would we have crazed villains like in the movies ??

Trump or Putin would not be fans of superhumans and would prob want too rid of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

We do have real life superheros.

Unfortunately they are shouted down on Twitter by idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I often tell friends that I'm one lab accident away from taking over the world.
    Not sure I'd call myself crazed though. If that is what you're implying I'll find you . . . :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The construction industry would be booming with all the repairs that are needed after a superhero battles a villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The construction industry would be booming with all the repairs that are needed after a superhero battles a villain.

Damage-Control-Marvel-comic.jpg

Obviously the real world version would have ill fitting snickers trousers and a fondness for breakfast rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

We do have real life superheroes. They come to your door in the form of a pizza delivery man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sky news would love it all

Breaking news 'Superhero battle breaks out in New York'

Joe.ie reports Emperor Destroyer says 'the world will be mine and all people will bow down to me' captain powerful has yet to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The bitchiness on Twitter leading to the destruction of entire cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Damage-Control-Marvel-comic.jpg

Obviously the real world version would have ill fitting snickers trousers and a fondness for breakfast rolls.

They'd want a few more hard hats and high-vis vests before they'd be allowed anywhere by Health & Safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

My mum thinks I'll super, she's says it regularly.

I often tell friends that I'm one lab accident away from taking over the world.

"Thirty-plus years since Chernobyl, still no superheroes" - my cousin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sky news would love it all

Breaking news 'Superhero battle breaks out in New York'

Joe.ie reports Emperor Destroyer says 'the world will be mine and all people will bow down to me' captain powerful has yet to comment
    What emporer destroyer says next will shock you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Candie wrote: »
    "Thirty-plus years since Chernobyl, still no superheroes" - my cousin.

A friend of mine that grew up near there has never been ill, not even a sniffle.
    He's a true superhero for not once in his 30 odd years having never pulled the man flu card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

We do have real life superheros.

Unfortunately they are shouted down on Twitter by idiots

SJW person!

People who don't use the right terms referring to non-traditional/alternative modes of living beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

I was talking about this before and I reckon the vast majority of people, if given superpowers, would become villains before becoming heroes.
    If I gained a superpower I'd be straight into the bank to empty the place much sooner than I'd be patrolling around the place looking for crime.

I'd go with invisibility. Not to rob a bank or anything like perving on women in locker rooms or whatever. I'd just be really curious to see what it looks like when I pee. Like does it just appear out of nowhere? Or is it invisible too?

See. These are the real questions.

I'd go with invisibility. Not to rob a bank or anything like perving on women in locker rooms or whatever. I'd just be really curious to see what it looks like when I pee. Like does it just appear out of nowhere? Or is it invisible too?

See. These are the real questions.

Or do your clothes turn invisible when they are on you, or do you have to go around in the nip and risk your invisibilty turning off at any moment and go from invisible to pervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

CaptainR wrote: »
    I was talking about this before and I reckon the vast majority of people, if given superpowers, would become villains before becoming heroes.
    If I gained a superpower I'd be straight into the bank to empty the place much sooner than I'd be patrolling around the place looking for crime.

If you rob an Ulsterbank, it wil be empty already.:D

I'd love the superpower to be able to stop the petrol pump exactly on an even Euro.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Or do your clothes turn invisible when they are on you, or do you have to go around in the nip and risk your invisibilty turning off at any moment and go from invisible to pervert.

You'd be freezing

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You'd be freezing

at least nobody would see your shrinkage from the cold.

And can you see your own body parts? Do you know where you arm is? Your legs? I just imagine that if someone when invisible, you'd know where they are because 99% of the time they'd be stubbing their toe. Especially if they're in the nip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement