Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun/Beach Holidays for Solo Travellers

Options
  • 24-03-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm thinking of going on holiday later in the year (September) and would be travelling alone.

I was going to do Rome/Florence but I think I'd like to go somewhere with a beach that I can relax on as I haven't had a beach holiday in years.

Ideally I'd like to visit a place where there are things to do during the day too, I don't want to just sit down for 7 days getting a suntan.

Obviously I could just go to Spain but I don't really want to be somewhere that I'll be surrounded by drunken 20-somethings...somewhere nice and quiet that draws an older crowd would be good.

I'm only 30 but as I'll be going solo I feel a quiet type of place with an older age group will be safer and more enjoyable.

I've no interest in doing a package deal, I want to book it all myself so I don't need recommendations for travel agencies that host solo travel packages thanks.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Nice is good for this.

Weather in September will still be good enough for sunbathing and there is plenty of scope to relax either on the private or public beaches, but I would certainly recommend doing a private beach on one of the days - my recommendation is Castel Plage.

There's plenty to do away from the beach too both in Nice and further afield. You can wander the narrow streets of the old town, visit galleries and museums, head to Antibes, Cannes, Ez or Monaco for day trips by bus or rail for very little money. At night there's a great buzz about the old town too, plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from too!

Advertisement