Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age Replay, DLC worth it?

Options
  • 24-03-2017 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Not much of a gamer these days, no time. But I have been SLOWLY replaying through Dragon age with all female characters this time around.

I have reached Da3 and it is downloading again from my Origin Account now. I see however there are three DLC for this which origin want €15 each for in my locale.

Are they worth it? Are there cheaper sources for it? Are they the same characters integrated into the same main game campaign or are they those annoying kind of DLC that are pretty much a black box game with new characters and the like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hi all. Not much of a gamer these days, no time. But I have been SLOWLY replaying through Dragon age with all female characters this time around.

I have reached Da3 and it is downloading again from my Origin Account now. I see however there are three DLC for this which origin want €15 each for in my locale.

Are they worth it? Are there cheaper sources for it? Are they the same characters integrated into the same main game campaign or are they those annoying kind of DLC that are pretty much a black box game with new characters and the like?

No idea if you can get the DLC else where, or if it ever goes on sale but 15 Euro per DLC pack is quite expensive for a 2-3 year old game. Considering you can get the base game for as low as 10 Euro on some sites EA/Origin should really sort out their DLC pricing issue. The DLC for Mass Effect 3 is still the same price as it was upon release.

I bought them on sale on the Playstation store but compared to the main game they are not worth the price you pay. Only bought them cause i simply wanted more Dragon Age

Jaws of Hakkon is a single zone with quests and all the other stuff you get from the other zones in the game. Storywise its unremarkable.

The Descent is abit better storywise as it details some of the Lore Behind the Deep Roads. Its more of a linear trek to the bottom of the Roads rather than an open world map to explore.

Trespasser is also a linear trek but the storyline is far better as it pretty much picks up at the end of the main game and revolves around Solas and gives hints at what the story in the 4th game is gonna be based around. I think it also adds new variations for combat abilities which gives more customization to the gameplay which is nice. I think it also has additional difficulty settings, or maybe they where part of an update to the base game. Dunno

So TLDR: Trespasser > The Descent > Jaws of Hakkon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had to buy the GOTY version last year when I wanted to play all the DLC so ended up paying €30 even though I had the base game already

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Didn't enjoy any in the series since DA origins, didn't play inquisition but I have origin access for a while so I might grab it.

Advertisement