Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packages from Hong Kong not arriving?!?!

Options
  • 23-03-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Recently three packages from Hong Kong, from three different sellers are disappearing after they leave Hong Kong, and aren't arriving to Ireland?!?!

First package left Hong Kong mid January and disappeared. Tracking shows it took a week to leave Hong Kong.

Second shows leaving Hong Kong mid February after a week of being posted and it never arrived to Ireland.

Third package left Hong Kong beginning of March. Poof! Gone into the either. Never arrived in Ireland.

Normaly it would take two weeks, four weeks max to arrive.

Has anyone experienced, packages disappearing after leaving Hong Kong? Never to arrive to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Some of the stuff I order from China takes up to ten weeks to arrive. One package didn't arrive after eight weeks so contacted seller who resent it. New order arrived four weeks later and then original one the following week. Most of the tracking is useless - shows it leaveing China/Malaysia etc and nothing till the postman arrives.

Give them another couple of weeks and then contact seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

mad muffin wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced, packages disappearing after leaving Hong Kong? Never to arrive to Ireland?

No. No one ever in existence had a package from Hong Kong go missing. You are the first. Thank you for informing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

think your in the wrong forum auctions is the right one to move it to,that said,expecting 2 weeks even 4 as another member said isnt anywhere close even without holiday rush,unless its dhl or some service that moves its usually nothing close of month at best.
    Disappearance part is strange thou there are some online places that offer more advanced tracking for parcels,but as said in another section are more know hows that could point you where to look for more detailed track if it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Place hss gone to bits since Chris Patton rolled up the flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

mad muffin wrote:
    Recently three packages from Hong Kong, from three different sellers are disappearing after they leave Hong Kong, and aren't arriving to Ireland?!?!

Don't you watch stop, search, seize on tv? It's your packages the customs are taking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

This is dreadful Joseph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

FanadMan wrote: »
    Some of the stuff I order from China takes up to ten weeks to arrive. One package didn't arrive after eight weeks so contacted seller who resent it. New order arrived four weeks later and then original one the following week. Most of the tracking is useless - shows it leaveing China/Malaysia etc and nothing till the postman arrives.

Give them another couple of weeks and then contact seller.

Normally packages that have no tracking take that long but never tracked packages. Like I said they normally take two weeks four maximum. I just found it strange that three tracked packages are taking longer.

I suppose I'll just have to be more patients.
    No. No one ever in existence had a package from Hong Kong of missing. You are the first. Thank you for informing us.

Fück you bear :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I used to always get things in about 3 weeks from China. Until this year has been very long. I had a package shipped at the end of January arrive today. I thought it was lost. But there's way more people with the same issues in the online and buying forum. Some has been waiting as long as last October.

What baffles me is that I received another package earlier this week and it was sent in the middle of February and it got here sooner than the package that was sent at the end of January. It's very erratic behaviour from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

mad muffin wrote: »
    Fück you bear :p

How did you know my name? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

ED E wrote: »

Thanks. That's probably where I should have posted.
    scamalert wrote: »
    think your in the wrong forum auctions is the right one to move it to,that said,expecting 2 weeks even 4 as another member said isnt anywhere close even without holiday rush,unless its dhl or some service that moves its usually nothing close of month at best.
    Disappearance part is strange thou there are some online places that offer more advanced tracking for parcels,but as said in another section are more know hows that could point you where to look for more detailed track if it exists.

I've never had to wait so long before. With Hong Kong post it just tracks till it leaves then when it arrives in its destination country.
    Don't you watch stop, search, seize on tv? It's your packages the customs are taking.

It's not even in Ireland yet.
    This is dreadful Joseph.

It sure is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I had something sent two weeks ago and the tracking on an post website shows it's here already. I'm still waiting on things from the end of January.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm going to close this as the OP has been directed to a useful thread in the Online Auctions & Buying forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement