Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramp Agent Dublin Airport

Options
  • 23-03-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all, I applied for this vacancy through Temple recruitment, they got back to me to leave in my driving license.
    For argument sake I got the position, I have an idea what might be involved from the description, but has anyone got experience or could tell me anything more about it, the shift hours or days I would be working ? Is their shift allowance or overtime etc? I'm working full time as is and I'm considering a change. Could the agency just let you go after a certain time or anything?
    Any help would be appreciated because I'm seriously thinking about it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jaysus never ever leave a full time job for an agency job especially the agency mentioned, Another thing to think about is the hours people work at airports a lot of it is unsocial hours. As for the agency dropping you without much notice I would put my house on it that they would drop you have you ever heard of zero hour contracts that is what these agencies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

Anybody any info on this job , hours ect..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Here are some answers to the questions from another poster. They have been in contact with me via PM and for any further questions they will PM answers to me.
    Question answer-er is current FR ramp crew at Dublin:

"I'd like to thank Tenger for posting this for me,

There are 3 dayshift crews, 2 nightshift crews. Dayshift works in the following way, 3 earlys, 3 lates and 3 days off. Nightshift Crews work 4 nights on, 4 nights off.

Earlys start at 5:30 am till 1pm, Lates start at 1pm until 8, 2 until 10, 3:30 until 12:30. Nights start at 8pm until 8am. There is some flexibility in there, sometimes you could be let away early or you may be asked to stay on if there are any delays

Dayshift crews mostly do turnarounds, so putting steps on, offloading bags, loading outbound bags, marshalling passengers

Nightshift Crews mostly do inbounds and then 2 outbound flights the next morning. Nights tends to be busier as planes have a pesky habit of just coming down one after the other..and you could be going from arrival to arrival!

I've never had any issues with the recruitment company mentioned.. you may get asked to go in and do overtime on the odd occasion. I find once you keep your head down and do everything that's asked of you then there's no problem... If you've any further questions, post them here and I'll be happy to private message the answers to Tenger"

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

I'd like to say thank you to you guy's for taking the time
    to give us the information. I had an opportunity
    through Swiss port with an agency in santry
    but decided against it due to lack of information
    start time, day's .. ect

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

There's currently speculation Aer Lingus are going to take on Ramp Agents through agencies. Not sure how true this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Early shifts are officially
    04:00 - 12:00
    05:30 - 14:00
    06:00 - 14:30

Late shifts are officially
    13:00 - 21:30
    14:00 - 22:30
    15:30 - 00:00

That's all the official times but yes there is some leeway in them, there's no official breaks. Your breaks are taken in between your flight times, somedays you could have one 30 minute break but finish work an hour and a half early, other days you could have two 1 hour breaks but not finish until your scheduled time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ratser 666

Hi there,
    I have an interview coming up shortly for Ramp Agent with RyanAir, any tips on what questions i might get asked? I am with Temple Recruitment, my hourly rate is 10.97 or something like that. They said if RyanAir are happy with my performance they might take me on board and my hourly rate will be greater. Is that so? How much more is it when you sign a contract with the actual company? Thanks!

Advertisement