Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Smooth vs Patent Dr Martens boots - can't decide!

• 23-03-2017 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 An Abundance Of Emily

So I have owned a pair of Dr Martens black patent 1460s for four years now. I find them great in our wet, temperate Irish weather and they fit in well with my wardrobe of skinny jeans and jumpers/cardigans. I also own a recently purchased pair of 1461s in smooth black leather.

Now, my patent 1460s are coming onto their last legs so I would like to purchase another pair of 1460s in the near future, but am struggling to decide between repurchasing the patent or going for the smooth this time.

I love the wipe-clean finish of the patent, they are pretty much waterproof and they're a refreshing take on the smooth black 1460s I see everyone and their mother wearing. On the other hand, I'd like to get the smooth 1460s for a change in boot, they are popular for a reason, they're classic and look like they wear better over time. They'd still be able to withstand the rain but I already have the 1461s in smooth leather so I don't really want to be doubling up.

Which ones should I go for? Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Advertisement